Learning Experience Design
Discover what consciously designed experiences can do for education. During this multi-day course you will learn how to create impactful learning experiences for your students. No mainstream education, but experiences that will affect students on a much deeper level and will change their perspectives. You will master the art of Learning Experience Design by working … Continue reading Learning Experience Design
Discover what consciously designed experiences can do for education. During this multi-day course you will learn how to create impactful learning experiences for your students. No mainstream education, but experiences that will affect students on a much deeper level and will change their perspectives. You will master the art of Learning Experience Design by working on an actual case from your own education practice.
Do you want to learn how to engage and wow your students? How to let them experience and feel the essence of your field of expertise? How to make learning more fun and effective through surprise and storytelling? Then join our training!
People participating will leave the course with:
- An understanding of how Learning Experience Design can enrich education with elements like surprise, setting, stories, rituals and attention.
- A variety of tools to design and facilitate meaningful learning experiences.
- Designed and tested learning experience prototypes, based on own educational challenges.
- Concrete steps to translate their learnings into their curricula.
Flow of the training
In the heart of the 3-day program are real educational challenges that participants bring into the course. These can be courses and (parts of) curricula that need redesign. During the program the perspective of the participant will constantly shift from theoretical frameworks to rapid prototyping and engaged sense-making. Participants leave with a practical understanding of everything they have learned and with new approaches and designs to their educational challenges.
- On the first day we will build the team and share the basics of experience design. Also, participants will be immersed into a learning experience that we have designed for them.
- On the second day we will be designing prototypes for the educational challenges and learn more how you can impact student’s learning. We will be using elements like surprise, setting, stories, rituals and attention. Also we will provide models and tools, which will support your learning experience design process.
- The third day we will take place one month after the first two days. During that in-between period, participants can prototype and test their designed learning experiences in their schools. On the third day, participants will come back together to share their experiences and to learn from each other’s insights.
Professionals with an interest in designing engaging education: teachers, students, coordinators, training managers, educationalists, mentors, researchers, entrepreneurs, etcetera.
Day 1: 7thof November 2019 (incl. overnight stay) | Day 2: 8th of November 2019 | Day 3: 6th of December 2019
Mennorode, Elspeet: a beautiful venue in nature.
Price includes learning materials, overnight stay and meals
The training takes place at a minimum of 12 participants.